The following definitions relate specifically to this chapter and should be read in conjunction with the general definitions contained in the General Provisions:
- the term “promotional item” refers to any goods or services (or combination thereof) offered for a promotional purpose;
- the term "consumer" refers to any person, company or organisation to whom any sales promotion is directed or who receives a benefit from it, either financially or in kind;
- the term “prize promotion” refers to any skill contest or prize draw used in conjunction with a sales promotion activity;
- the term “intermediary” refers to any person, company or organisation, other than the promoter, engaged in the implementation of any form of sales promotion;
- the term “main product” refers to the goods or services (or combination thereof) being promoted;
- the term “promoter” refers to any person, company or organisation by whom or on whose behalf a promotion is initiated.
Depending on the circumstances, any producer, wholesaler, retailer or other person in the marketing process may be a promoter, intermediary and/or consumer for the purposes of a particular sales promotion.